Fleet Technician - Logan
Beam is Asia Pacific’s largest shared micromobility company. We are on a mission to turn little drives into better rides and make cities flow better for everyone.
Shared micromobility is one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and we’re leading the way in Asia Pacific with operations in Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Turkey and Malaysia. In collaboration with cities, we bring a safe, affordable and sustainable new mode of transport to citizens with our fleets of self-driven small electric vehicles. Following our recent US $93M Series B round, we have expanded our operations to Japan, Turkey and Indonesia.
Here at Beam, we have gathered a team with a passion for innovation and technology. We tackle growing challenges every day as a group of problem solvers, determined to make a positive impact on people’s lives and the future of the planet.
What you’ll be doing
As a Fleet Technician, you'll play an important role in Beam's success on the streets. You’ll be based at our warehouse in Meadowbrook and be responsible for the quality of our e-bikes and e-scooters. You will come to know our e-bikes from top to bottom, inside and out, and will be capable of doing anything from quick repairs to total refurbishments if necessary. We are looking for someone who takes real pride in their work and ensures that Beam’s e-bikes and e-scooters remain the safest and most reliable vehicles out there.
- Support warehouse operations as needed (e.g. taking delivery of new e-bikes & e-scooters)
- Communicating with your Operations team on supply requirements (e.g. spare parts)
- Working with the Operations team to monitor and maintain stock accuracy against our inventory management system
- Keep our warehouse and work areas tidy
- Oversee waste disposal
- Think about, and share ways we can improve our productivity and streamline our processes
- Follow and adhere to our internal processes and procedures, particularly those relating to WH&S
- Meet our warehouse KPIs
- Support the onboarding of our new warehouse team members as required
Skills and Experience
- Have previous mechanical experience - experience working on e-bikes or e-scooters is a plus
- You’re smartphone savvy - you’ll frequently use our Beam app and Slack
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and keep them up to date on work in progress
- Able to organise your own day and prioritise tasks with support from the Operations Team.
- Have high standards and strong attention to detail
- Motivated, energetic and physically fit; comfortable lifting and moving 25kg+ e-vehicles throughout your shift
- Keen to learn new skills and adapt to new concepts
- Able to use initiative and creativity to solve problems that arise
- We are looking for someone who is available to work immediately
- We have a range of different shifts available during the weekdays. You may also be offered ad-hoc shifts to help out on busy periods such as weekends or during the holiday period.
At Beam, we offer:
- Opportunity to make an impact by being part of a movement that will revolutionise transportation in cities
- Be part of an organisation in hyper-growth mode with plenty of opportunity for personal development
- Flexible and inspiring workplace with a team of competent, motivated, and fun co-workers
- Autonomy and ownership of the work you do, with flexible hours
We are a startup in every sense of the word. Expect autonomy, visibility, breakneck pace, cutting-edge technology, barriers to overcome and problems to solve.We can't wait to hear from you!
The Beam Group of Companies is an equal employment opportunity employer, dedicated to providing an inclusive, open and diverse work environment. All are welcome regardless of race, language, religion, gender, nationality, age, disability, or other divisive categorisations.