GTM Finance Manager
Who We Are:
Calm is the leading mental health brand, on a mission to support everyone on every step of their mental health journey. With the #1 app for sleep, meditation and relaxation, Calm’s transformational mindfulness content supports users across seven languages in more than 190 countries.
What We Do:
The Finance team spearheads financial planning and analysis, corporate development, revenue operations, and Board reporting. Our mission is to act as catalysts for change and serve as strategic thinking collaborators with the business. We play an active role in shaping and implementing corporate strategy within the various business units. Collaborating seamlessly with teams in go-to-market, engineering, accounting, legal, content, and product, we engage closely to assess critical issues, solve challenges, and achieve outcomes that optimize Calm's growth.
We are hiring remote workers for this role in the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, or NYC. At this time, only candidates in these locations will be considered.
What You’ll Do:
Calm's FP&A Team is searching for a highly motivated individual to join and contribute to our finance team. In this role, you will be instrumental in establishing a world-class FP&A function, collaborating with various departments, including go-to-market teams, accounting, legal, budget owners, management, operations, and all Calm employees. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated team player with exceptional business partnering and modeling skills, a positive can-do attitude, and a keen eagerness to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
In alignment with the B2B GTM Finance Director, this position is vital in reporting, forecasting, and fostering partnerships within the business's Go-to-Market (GTM) organizations.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic, actively seeking a company that supports your professional growth, we would be delighted to connect with you!
- Take ownership of the B2B Go-to-Market (GTM) financial initiatives, focusing on constructing and reporting sales, marketing, services, and pipeline analytics. This includes overseeing metrics such as conversion rates, discounting, services utilization, and sales funnel sourcing.
- Collaborate closely with sales, marketing, and services teams to establish and monitor forecasts, managing day-to-day finance operations for these entities. This encompasses tracking Operational Expenditure (OpEx), headcount, purchase orders/invoices, and addressing ad-hoc requests as they arise.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Profit and Loss (P&L) statements and comprehensive financial packages for sales, marketing, and services organizations. Provide insightful analysis of business results and offer guidance on the financial implications of operational decisions.
- Take charge of the month/quarter-end close process, ensuring accuracy in financial results through meticulous review of journal entries and accruals. Collaborate with the accounting team to provide comprehensive variance analysis.
- Initiate and lead process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy within financial operations. Leverage key data sources and tools such as Salesforce, Adaptive Insights, Gainsight, Outreach, Tipalti, Marketo, and Bizible to construct, update, and refine models and analytics. Identify areas of risk and opportunity through robust data analysis.
- Thoroughly comprehend and enhance the reporting of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Business-to-Business (B2B) subscription business models. This involves grasping the intricacies of relevant metrics and fine-tuning the reporting mechanisms to provide insightful and actionable analyses for informed decision-making in business-focused subscription frameworks.
- Create and execute sophisticated financial models for analyzing and predicting diverse business situations, integrating a high level of complexity and attention to detail.
- Enhance and simplify workflows to efficiently consolidate extensive and complex datasets with expertise.
- Contribute to ad hoc strategic and operational projects as needed, demonstrating versatility and agility in addressing evolving business requirements.
Who You Are:
- Exceptional analytical abilities and business acumen, skilled at clarifying and explaining complex information in a thorough yet easily comprehensible manner.
- A proactive and hands-on approach, diving into thorough business analysis with an eagerness to comprehend intricate details, all while adeptly handling executive-level communication.
- Proficiency in establishing robust collaborative ties with business partners and executives, recognized as a reliable and impartial advisor.
- Demonstrates the capability to excel and thrive amidst rapid-paced conditions where clarity may be limited, showcasing a versatile and resilient approach.
- Extensive expertise in financial modeling and analytics specifically applied to SaaS KPI’s.
- Experience with Excel, Adaptive, Tableau and/or Power BI is a must.
- Google Sheets, Salesforce, Netsuite are nice to haves.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Accounting/Finance or a related field.
- This role typically requires 10 years of relevant work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in GTM sales finance or strategic finance, preferably at a high growth, enterprise software, SaaS, or fintech-focused business; management consulting and/or business analytics roles.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $139,500 - $195,300. The base salary range represents the low and high end of Calm’s salary range for this position. Not all candidates will be eligible for the upper end of the salary range. Exact salary will ultimately depend on multiple factors, which may include the successful candidate's geographic location, skills, experience and other qualifications. This role is also eligible for equity + comprehensive benefits + 401k + flexible time off.
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, including disabled veterans. Please contact Calm’s Recruiting team if you need a reasonable accommodation or any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Calm participates in e-verify. E-verify provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.