Brand Lead and Head of Marketing
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation
Marketing & Communications
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
About Lykos Therapeutics
At Lykos Therapeutics, we are committed to making an impact on people’s lives. We envision a world where there are more tools available for the treatment of mental health and where conversations about mental health are destigmatized. We aspire to challenge the status quo through the development of novel therapies and therapeutic approaches to treat mental health conditions. Our initial focus is developing investigational MDMA-assisted therapy for adults living with PTSD. If approved by the FDA, MDMA-assisted therapy could be a potential new approach to treating PTSD, a condition that hasn’t had a new treatment option in decades.
MDMA-assisted therapy has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials were published in Nature Medicine. MDMA-assisted therapy has not been approved by any regulatory agency. The safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted therapy have not been established for the treatment of PTSD.
Lykos is a public benefit corporation (PBC), with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. As a PBC, we consider the impact of our decisions on society just as we think about financial implications. We balance the interests of our many stakeholders including our employees, healthcare providers, therapists, investors and others. This means that we look through a public benefit lens with all that we do.
Why work for Lykos Therapeutics?
With 30+ years of experience researching psychedelic-assisted therapies, we remain committed to the rigorous pursuit of evidence-based development of novel approaches. We value impact, integrity, care, and openness and hold public benefit at the center of everything we do. We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives and are committed to building a supportive, equitable, and accessible workplace.
Lykos has a distributed workforce that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who believe in our mission, are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration, and ready to step into a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Brand Lead and Head of Marketing Executive Summary
The Brand Lead and Head of Marketing will spearhead innovative brand strategies, plans, and implementation of the marketing mix to support the US launch of what is widely expected to be the first psychedelic treatment approved for medical use: MDMA-assisted therapy for PTSD. This individual will help build the launch strategy for this first-in-class product and mobilize a cross-functional team to execute across sales/account management, medical, market access, regulatory, training, finance, and legal/compliance.
This role is a distinctive opportunity for an experienced marketing professional seeking to leverage his/her experience to help build a new kind of biopharma company:
· Impact: We are ambitious in our goals and bold in our actions as we pave the way for the burgeoning psychedelic medicine industry. Our work is at the cutting edge of psychiatry, mental health, and CNS drug development.
· Integrity: We innovate with integrity, and we are accountable for our actions as stewards of MDMA-assisted therapy. We are building the playbook for how to commercialize a psychedelic medicine for the first time in history. We are committed to earning trust through transparency, honesty and upholding our commitments to all.
· Care: We act with compassion and embody conscious connection with ourselves, our peers, and our customers. In difficult situations, we choose to lean in with open heartedness to allow authenticity and truth to be explored with dignity and respect. We see the significance in our work and the importance of doing things right.
· Openness: We are inclusive, curious, and welcoming of new perspectives. We listen to learn, and we do so with open minds. We welcome and uplift underrepresented voices and we deeply believe in the power of a diverse workforce.
This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Brand Strategy: Develop the launch strategy for a first-in-class product for healthcare professionals and patients, working closely across multiple internal functions and with agency of record. Create strategic communication/market development plans to support launch goals. Identify, prioritize, and address key gaps that need to be addressed to increase the probability of a successful launch, including through market research and insights generation. Synthesize market insights to inform brand strategy and value story for patients, providers, and other stakeholders.
- Marketing Execution: Translate strategy into pre-launch, launch, and post-launch marketing tactics across HCP and patient categories. Execute efficiently using internal resources, vendors, and partnerships. Manage the brand/marketing budget.
- Launch Planning: Participate in cross-functional Launch Team with responsibility for achieving a high quality and on time launch. Ensure Marketing plan is aligned to overall launch strategy. Help identify risks and develop mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
- Analytics: Maintain dynamic product forecasts that inform cross-functional planning. Establish and hold accountability for KPIs for the brand at each stage of the product lifecycle. Work closely with Sales, Medical Affairs and Training to ensure real-time feedback on the success of sales and marketing activities and integrate key learnings.
- 10-15 years of experience in biotech/pharmaceutical marketing, ideally in the area of psychiatry, CNS, or specialty drugs and across the product lifecycle. US launch experience required.
- Deep experience and demonstrated success in building and launching brands including strategic communications, KOL development, and DTC experience.
- Experience designing primary and secondary market research and analytical approaches to answer critical business questions and support sales and marketing strategies.
- Experience with both HCP and patient marketing.
- Experience and understanding of a product with a REMS program, a patient and provider HUB, and patient support programs.
- An understanding of care delivery, ideally behavioral health care. You are experienced with products that may require providers to change how they run their practice or optimize their practice to maximize the benefit of a new product.
- Demonstrated top-tier business acumen, problem solving capabilities, and ability to drive sound decisions and action.
- Experience and proven ability to communicate with and influence across an organization, including executive/board level presentations.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing talent at the individual and team levels.
- Experience in both large/mature and earlier stage companies preferred.
- An advanced degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent high-quality professional experience
- Behavioral Health, specialty pharma experience, or controlled substance experience
- Payer Marketing Experience (i.e. Payer Value Propositions, Budget Impact Models,etc)
Competitive benefit package includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
Employer funded mental health HRA
Home Office Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.