Director, National Accounts
MAPS Public Benefit Corporation
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
About Lykos Therapeutics
At Lykos Therapeutics, we are committed to making an impact on people’s lives. We envision a world where there are more tools available for the treatment of mental health and where conversations about mental health are destigmatized. We aspire to challenge the status quo through the development of novel therapies and therapeutic approaches to treat mental health conditions. Our initial focus is developing investigational MDMA-assisted therapy for adults living with PTSD. If approved by the FDA, MDMA-assisted therapy could be a potential new approach to treating PTSD, a condition that hasn’t had a new treatment option in decades.
MDMA-assisted therapy has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials were published in Nature Medicine. MDMA-assisted therapy has not been approved by any regulatory agency. The safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted therapy have not been established for the treatment of PTSD.
Lykos is a public benefit corporation (PBC), with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. As a PBC, we consider the impact of our decisions on society just as we think about financial implications. We balance the interests of our many stakeholders including our employees, healthcare providers, therapists, investors and others. This means that we look through a public benefit lens with all that we do.
Why work for Lykos Therapeutics?
With 30+ years of experience researching psychedelic-assisted therapies, we remain committed to the rigorous pursuit of evidence-based development of novel approaches. We value impact, integrity, care, and openness and hold public benefit at the center of everything we do. We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives and are committed to building a supportive, equitable, and accessible workplace.
Lykos has a distributed workforce that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who believe in our mission, are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration, and ready to step into a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Executive Summary: Director, National Accounts
Lykos Therapeutics is looking for an experienced Director, National Accounts to join our Market Access team to drive efforts towards national payor coverage of MDMA-Assisted Therapy for the treatment of PTSD. The DNA will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with executive leadership at national healthcare organizations, including but not limited to plan sponsors, PBMs, and Behavioral Health entities, by presenting MDMA-AT’s value proposition, engaging in discussions about and securing sustainable coverage for MDMA and its therapy component, and aligning with key internal and external stakeholders on actionable goals for account planning and execution.
The DNA position requires a high level of autonomy, strategic thinking, organization, and knowledge of the managed care ecosystem to reach and assess performance goals within the organizational Market Access strategy. Effective communication and negotiation skills are critical, as well as demonstrated understanding of both medical and pharmacy benefit, mechanics of P&T, drug formularies, and clinical and economic data.
Preferred applicants for this role will have one of the following: understanding of behavioral health benefit and experiencing working with behavioral health entities, experience with behavioral health drug and intervention coverage, provider reimbursement, or medication-assisted therapies. Strong applicants without direct behavioral health experience but demonstrated interest and willingness to learn may be considered.
- Develop and execute national account engagement and tactical plans
- Navigate accounts to identify decision-makers and key stakeholders for coverage of MDMA-AT
- Function as a professional liaison between internal and external account stakeholders
- Work with sales counterparts to ensure pull-through of access opportunities
- Collect and analyze account data for reporting and trend identification
- Communicate access developments to internal leadership in a timely manner
- Lead coordination with broader Market Access team, Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs and other functions to ensure cross-functional support provided to accounts
- Develop and help in the implementation of relevant channel marketing programs
- Negotiate, execute and monitor pricing or performance contracts within accounts
- Proactively identify customer issues to protect and increase current and future business
- Lead account-level education efforts on MDMA-AT and work to secure access for both MDMA and therapy.
- Identify operational hurdles within accounts to operationalize MDMA-AT and develop solutions to encourage implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters/MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a pharmaceutical account management role with responsibility for national accounts
- Minimum of three (3) products launched into Commercial, Medicare, and Federal/Medicaid channels
- Account experience and relationships at CVS, Caremark, Aetna, Zinc, Humana, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Experience in Behavioral Health strongly preferred
- Additional Key Account Experience preferred (i.e., VISNs/IDNs/AMCs/VAMCs)
- Expert knowledge of US market access landscape and vertical integration
- Strong understanding of reimbursement under pharmacy, medical, and behavioral health benefits
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience negotiating with high-level client accounts
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Persuasive communication skills (in-person and writing)
- Ability for travel (up to 50%, including overnight and weekend travel)
Competitive benefit package includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
Employer funded mental health HRA
Home Office Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.