Senior IT Engineer
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are seeking a collaborative IT engineer with a high level of technical expertise and experience supporting a wide range of enterprise applications and systems to help Twelve’s mission lead the way to a fossil free future through carbon transformation.
This role is to provide technical assistance and support to computer users, with a focus on complex issues and advanced troubleshooting within a fluid startup environment. You will make an impact by responding to queries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, identifying root causes, determining and implementing preventative solutions, while reporting to the Manager of Information Technology.
To support Twelve’s growing needs, the IT (information technology) staff will address IT service desk ticket escalations while working collaboratively on longer-term projects, with a focus on providing innovation and velocity. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to elevate IT support processes, implement new IT projects/procedures, and mentor junior support staff.
What you will do
- Provide technical guidance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, focusing on complex issues.
- Respond to escalated IT tickets in person, via phone, or by email with a focus on providing a smooth experience for the user, when providing direct support.
- Diagnose and resolve complex technical hardware and software issues; serve as a point of escalation for complex or sensitive issues regarding:
- Azure VMs
- Patch Management
- Experience with thorough ticket and knowledge management documentation.
- Setup and support with deep understanding of Windows OS imaging and administration, Mac OS imaging and administration, Google Workspace, Microsoft O365 and Azure SSO.
- Perform network troubleshooting and system updates management through Cisco Meraki.
- Act as a liaison between the help desk team and other IT departments or stakeholders and collaborate with IT personnel to resolve challenging issues.
- Support efficient team performance and ensure service level agreements (SLAs) are met.
- Create proactive maintenance and monitoring protocols to ensure systems are running smoothly.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends in IT and AI (artificial intelligence) technology and best cybersecurity practices.
- Answer escalations from the service desk and IT Support Technicians during your on-call schedule approximately 2 days/week. As needed, this role will be on-call varying between weekday and/or weekend assignments.
Who you are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field. Relevant work experience can be substituted for a degree.
- 5+ years of experience in an IT support role, with a focus on complex issues and advanced troubleshooting.
- Proficient in multiple enterprise-level applications.
- You are familiar with cybersecurity, identify and access management, and networking security best practices and protocols.
- Experienced with IT troubleshooting, PC (personal computer) imaging, troubleshooting PC and lab hardware, installing software as well as setting up/configuring Mac OS, iPad OS and Surface devices.
- Enjoy utilizing your strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to provide positive experiences for end users.
- Thrive in the evolving pace of a start-up environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.