IT, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
With deep insights into our program performance, we see data as the strategic key to unlock our next wave of growth and innovation, and help millions of people manage their substance use. The Data team is integral to Pelago’s growth success, shaping the company’s culture of data-driven decision making and innovative use of data in product, client and member experience. As a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, engineers and scientists, the data team is nimble and innovative in delivering data architecture, reporting and analytics solutions to propel the company forward.
As a Data Analyst, you’ll work cross-functionally with stakeholders across the organization to deeply understand requirements and capture insightful reports and analyses. You’ll be part of a growing team, with opportunities to contribute towards team strategy and stretch your skillset. This will be a hybrid role, located within commutable distance to our NYC office for weekly lunches, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to define key performance indicators, measure performance and provide insights and actionable recommendations from analyses conducted
- Develop and maintain best in class dashboards using design best practices to monitor KPIs, surface trends, and guide stakeholders in their day to day decision making
- Build SQL queries to conduct thorough analysis of stakeholders blindspots to answer key questions
- Identify data gaps in the data teams internal database and collaborate with engineers to ensure gaps are resolved to meet the businesses needs
- Assist in data governance to ensure data is of the highest quality. This includes identifying errors in code, surfacing data anomalies, and building accurate dashboards/reports
- Work with stakeholders to precisely define business requirements. These requirements should be translated into technical requirements to be used by the internal data team
The background we are looking for
- You have been working for 2+ years in a data function
- You have extensive experience with data discovery using SQL
- You have experience building dashboards using BI platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI, Qlikview or Looker
- You have strong expertise in requirements gathering to translate them into usable dashboards
- You have experience guiding stakeholders with what metrics will be most meaningful to them
- You have extreme attention to detail to ensure quality data solutions are being delivered
- You have excellent communication skills specifically understanding who your audience is and providing the correct level of details appropriate. IE: Speaking with executives vs an internal data engineer
- You have worked in a fast-paced agile environment. Experience with Jira is a strong plus
- Experience and familiarity working with healthcare data and data sets, preferred
- Familiarity with DBT is a plus