Site Reliability Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2024
Pelago is the world’s leading virtual clinic for Substance Use Management. Our program provides guidance, support and treatment for members seeking to overcome their tobacco, alcohol and opioid use. From unhealthy habits to active substance use disorders, Pelago delivers a personalized solution based on individual health, habits, genetics, and goals, providing care for members wherever they might be on the substance use spectrum.
Pelago's suite of virtual services ranges from education, to cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to comprehensive medication-assisted treatment (MAT).
Pelago enables employers and health plans to deliver accessible, affordable, and effective treatment for substance misuse.
At Pelago we run a serverless architecture on AWS, with infrastructure managed using Terraform. Our system has been built to deliver our smoking cessation, alcohol and opioid management programmes, and we are looking for a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join the engineering team supporting Pelago.
As a HIPAA compliant, HITRUST certified organisation it is essential that our architecture is built in compliance with information security and data privacy requirements. Experience and knowledge of security best practices in the context of AWS is essential.
- Maintain Pelago’s system built on AWS
- Develop a deep understanding of the development workflow at Pelago
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Troubleshoot issues on our platform, find the root cause, and if required, interface with engineering teams to resolve
- Monitor application metrics to proactively raise issues to the relevant engineering functional team
- Own the reliability, availability, latency, performance and capacity planning of the Pelago environment
- Perform incident response and blameless post-mortems
- Implement infrastructure as code for provisioning, configuration and deployment using Terraform
- Build, release, and manage the configuration of all production systems
- Conduct load testing to identify bottlenecks before they impact customers
- Work alongside our developers to drive automation, maximize efficiency and improve reliability
- Occasional on-call shift required on a rotational basis
The background we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience working in SRE or reliability focused production engineering roles
- A solid understanding of AWS, serverless architecture and Terraform
- Experience with building / maintaining platforms that adhere to security standards
- Experience working on a system that has scaled to 50m+ users
- Proficiency in script development and scripting languages
- Experience supporting AWS hosted serverless applications
- Experience of identifying application problems from monitoring, health checks and application performance
- Strong troubleshooting background with experience in identifying and remediating issues
- The ability to be a team player
- Strong communication and collaboration skills